I don’t have much to say about this episode beyond:
- “Gigi said you wanted me.” YES SHE DOES, AND HOW.
- shoulder touching! (Did anyone else notice how Darcy's face went blank when Lizzie put her hand on his shoulder?)
- Also, Darcy is totally skipping a meeting or something else important to make this video with Lizzie. You just know it.
- Such a young CEO! (Also, this episode made me think that Lizzie would really good at pr and writing ad copy.)
- I find something so sexy about how Darcy says Gigi with soft 'g's.
- I am so glad that we’re getting so much airtime with Darcy (he’s in the preview for Thursday!) I think it was a brilliant choice to have Darcy only show up when he came to confess his love to Lizzie but I am REALLY glad that he is now such a feature in the videos, because I don’t think that it would be possible to sell Lizzie and Darcy falling in love without getting to see first hand:
2.) Lizzie’s undeniable awareness of Darcy’s presence and the growing comfort she has with him (SHOULDER TOUCH!).
What the last couple of videos with Darcy and Lizzie has sold is their long-term compatibility. Lizzie and Darcy could talk about digital media and remediation and Pemberely Digital and costume theater and creative ways to engage the audience FOR THE NEXT SIXTY YEARS.
In other news, Cartoon Network canceled Young Justice and Green Lantern: The Animated Series.
I couldn’t care less about Young Justice – I think that the writers made some very dumb creative choices for the second season that the show has yet to recover from (and now never will) and the scheduling dickery was classic ‘make a show hard to find and follow; justify cancelation’ from the network. I am grinding my teeth about Green Lantern, though. I have/had hope that
Aya would be returned to Razer for epic kissy makeouts if the show continued… but reportedly (a.k.a. friend told me) there are only two episodes left and judging by previous pacing… I don’t think that is enough time to bring Aya back. So, forever, in perpetuity, Aya has been erased from existence and Razer has lost the two women he loved from the depths of his soul. THANKS FOR THAT, CARTOON NETWORK. THAT’S EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED TO HAVE HAPPEN TO ONE OF MY FAVORITE CHARACTERS.
On the subject of ironic timing, I have actually been meaning to talk about times that I am grateful when shows were canceled because sometimes I am (NOT THIS TIME, THOUGH).
These are the shows that I am grateful were canceled because it meant that I had a basically complete arc of a show I loved all the way through. (The Sarah Conner Chronicles are not listed because I still cannot believe that Fox didn’t give us a season three; Young Justice is not listed because I am so annoyed with the current season my previous love is already tainted; Green Lantern *could potentially be listed* if
Aya is saved and she and Razer make out
before the curtain drops.)
So, without further ado, shows where cancelation was a secret blessing:
- Legend of the Seeker
- Dark Angel